The summer vacation is coming up. Most of people plan their vacation trips.
So, we made a list of tips to help you travel smoothly during your vacation.
1) Make a list – Write down all of the most important things you need to take with you, especially if you are traveling with children.
2) Early check in – be sure to check in before you are going to the airport, it will save you time at the airport, some companies charge extra to check-in at the airport. Early check in might keeps you from being overbooking.
3) Take an extra battery or power-bank – usually, the battery will “die” in the most important minute.
4) Buy a travel insurance – even if you are sure nothing will happen, don’t take the risk.
5) Separate your personal items – if you will lose one of your bags, at least you won’t lose all your belongings.
6) Separate your money, passport, credit cards – in case something will be stolen at least you will stay with part of the payment methods.
7) Make a copy of your documents – in case you will lose your documents, you will have the copies when you go to the embassy.
8) Take a small medical kit – not too much but for the first aid it might save you.
9) Navigation apps – check the possibilities of making your smartphone into a navigator. In some cases, you can get free navigation without Internet usage.
10) Kosher application – download “Is It Kosher?” application – the app will help you to find kosher food in the local stores, kosher restaurants/shops in all around the world.
11) “Simple Luach” application – Jewish calendar will provide you lots of useful features as zmanin, where is the nearest minyan, compass and eruv.
12) Be flexible with your plans – usually, there are some small changes, don’t let them destroy your vacation.
- Booking.com – site for booking a hotel or an apartment. Most of kosher travelers prefer apartments, so that there will be a possibility to cook.
- AirBnB.com – site for booking places to stay from people. There are even kosher places to stay in.
- SkyScanner.com – plan your airplane travel smoothly.
- Rom2Rio.com – plan any travel by air, water or on ground.
- “Simple Luach” – iOS, Android app
- “Is it kosher?” – iOS, Android, Amazon app
- Navmii – navigation for any device you have for free.
- TripAdvisor.com – you can find a lot useful tips where to go and what to do.